- Plant trees or plan another landscaping project
- Eat locally grown or produced foods and beverages
- Start composting
- Help out an existing or start a new cause or awareness website or group
- Start taking public transportation, biking, or walking more
- Turn off lights that aren't being used and switch to CFL's
- Taking time to enjoy nature
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth - you should be doing this anyway!
- Start a recycling program at work
- Start using reusable grocery bags
- Adopt a section of highway or park to keep clean
- Switch to green cleaning products
There are many more ideas out there. Feel free to leave a comment with yours! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I am thankful all of you I've had the pleasure of meeting through this blog over the last year!
**image courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons