Saturday, September 5, 2009

How To Recycle and Reuse Golf Balls

Hundreds of millions of rounds of golf are played each year and I just heard a statistic that made me cringe. The average golfer loses 4 balls each round. I find this statistic fairly hard to believe but it still reminds you of how many golf balls are lost, broken, or discarded throughout a single year. Here are some ways to reuse and recycle your golf balls:

  • Search the internet for wanted ads. Sometimes they are used for crafts or construction.
  • Resell them to a secondhand sporting goods store, at a garage sale, Craig's List, or come up with your own unique way to sell them.
  • I've been told that Raven Golf Club Company recycles them and pays you for it. There isn't a retailer near me so I don't know for sure. I've been told that they give you $1 for a ball with their name on it, or 50 cents for other brands. Again, I don't know this for sure but you may want to see if there is a retailer near you to try this.
**image courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment