- Grill out. It's a good way to have hot food without heating up your house like the oven does.
- Put some bottles of water in the fridge or freezer. You'd be amazed how much an ice cold drink cools you down.
- Find places on the lowest floor of your home to work or relax. Heat rises, and cool air falls.
- Use ceiling or floor fans. They are much less costly to run than air conditioning.
- Take cold showers. Humid air from steamy showers makes your home feel even warmer than it is.
- Open windows on all sides of your home. This will help air circulate through your home.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Ways To Keep Cool Without Running the AC
Here's a list of tips on keeping cool without running your costly air conditioner.