Saturday, January 24, 2009

Reaction To Going Green Laundry Segment

I just watched a web clip of a South Carolina news channel discussing greener ways to do laundry. In the segment, the news anchor stated that "the average American does 400 loads of laundry every year". I can't believe this! Do you do 400 loads of laundry a year? My household of three, two adults and a two year-old child, does two loads of laundry each week. That comes out to 35 loads per person each year if you include my son, or 52 loads if you only count the two adults. So what the segment is telling me is that the average American does four times as much laundry as I do!

Four hundred loads a year would be more than one load per day. Who dirties this many clothes? Beyond that, who has the time to do 400 loads of laundry each year? That's more than 7 loads each week! What a life, spending that much time in the laundry room and folding clothes! Do people really do this much laundry, or was this news channel's research wrong? Please drop me a line and let me know what you think!

Here's a link to the article:
\http://www.wspa.com/spa/lifestyles/go_green_save_green/article/going_green_in_the_laundry_room_easy_steps_to_save_money/13830/

No comments:

Post a Comment