New Year’s Eve is right around the corner. Here are some ideas for throwing a greener party:
- Use e-vites instead of paper invitation cards. There are many sites that offer free online invitations.
- Use live flowers as decorations instead of buying cut flowers
- Get out your silverware instead of plastic knives, forks, and spoons. This goes for plates. Cloth napkins will work just as well as paper napkins.
- Buy food and beverages from local vendors. You can even buy locally brewed beer. Most foods at grocery stores travel thousands of miles on trucks before it reaches the store. It’s better for our environment to buy local and it will help your local economy.
- Put out multi-colored glasses and cups for your guests to use. This will give them a better chance of keeping track of their beverages and reduce waste.
- Make sure to put out recycle bins in a place accessible to your guests. This will make your cleanup job easier.
- Use green cleaning products to clean up after the party. Watch GreenerWays for future posts on green cleaning products.
Have a blast! Party hard and be safe!